Tuesday, March 27, 2007

windy city















San Francisco, CA - a bright & sunny but very windy day in SF, hey uh, how you doin' kids?

The forecast was for this morning to be filled with rain and fog, so things were looking up when I woke up to sunshine. Hooray! Diane and I had some coffee talk and breakfast, and then she left for class. After that I put on a bunch of sunscreen and went for a run. It started with a bus ride down to Ocean Beach (top pic). I wanted to begin the run with 1/4 mile or so oceanside, but the wind was whipping and sand was blowin this way and that, so I made for the park. I ran through the park back home, waving to the buffalo along the way. It was a pretty good run. After that I walked over to the de Young museum to see what was new. (next 4 pics) They had this new fashion exhibit, displaying Vivienne Westwood's 36 year career, spanning from her anti-establishment punk t-shirts to her modern-day gowns. It made me think about clothing for much longer than I usually would. It also made me consider designing and making my own t-shirts, as I've daydreamed about before. Then lunch.

Then I took a nap.

After that, I met with this photographer down at City Hall for a photoshoot. (http://benkistphoto.com). Seriously. I was looking through the "volunteering" section of craigslist the other day when I saw a post for photo volunteers. The guy was posting to recruit a dozen or so people, at random, to photograph around SF. He shot a couple dozen pictures of me out on the lawn in front of city hall, and that was it. Ten minutes. How random is that? I thought it was fun, all these suits walking by, wondering who the hell I was. If the pictures come out well, I'll put one or two up on here later (with Ben's permission).

After that it was grillin and dinner-time with Zack and Diane. How I love my little Weber. (see grillin) Steaks, salmon, shrimp, asparagus, burgers, sausages, ... pork chops, shish kabobs, veggie burgers, hot dogs, MAN I love that Weber. I'll miss it when I'm on the road, trying to cook up dinner on that Coleman stove.

Although the stove is pretty sweet, must be said, its a loaner from my buddy and co-worker Lorrie. Thanks Lor!

More soon.

Andy

No comments: