Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tim Wakefield

Yosemite NP, CA - An overcast afternoon with heavy mist and light rain, it reminds me of the richmond district in July

Since I arrived, the weather has been slowly and gradually shifting . Monday was a glorious and hot sunny day. I had to stay in the shade to stay cool. Each day had brought cooler temperatures and increasing cloud cover. I was second guessing my decision to stay an extra day for a little while this morning, but I have to admit that this place is just as beautiful with heavy fog lurking everywhere.

So during my stay, I've gone on a few light to moderate hikes, namely: Yosemite Valley meadows, the Upper Yosemite Falls Trail to Colombia Rock, Lower Yosemite Falls. At the lower falls, you learn a bunch about the early days of John Muir, outdoorsman extraordinare and Yosemite founder. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir)

I've seen a taste of the wildlife: 7 deer, 2 coyotes, 2 field mice, no bears, and more squirrels and stellar jays than I can count. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steller%27s_Jay). Most of these creatures are completely adapted to being around people. I took sevral pictures of deer this morning along the road who didn't blink how close I stood to them, about ten feet. Just another day.

I've also been listening to each Red Sox game at the campsite, which gets me a few funny looks from my fellow campers.

Well, hopefully the weather doesn't worsen too much more before I leave early in the morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

More soon.

Andy

1 comment:

Zachary Minick said...

Go Andy Go!

Good thing Yogi didn't jump on your car.