Friday, April 20, 2007

whats the fastest land-speed animal?

Fresno, CA - A warm and overcast day, its nice to be back at sea level for a lil while

Who-ee, last night was cold! Camp 4 in Yosemite Valley is at 4000 feet. It rained for the first half of the night, and the snow level was at 4500 feet. It was harsh waking up to the cold soggy campground, and having to break down my soggy tent with numb fingers. A shower at the Housekeeping Camp improved things markedly, however. The weather is much more sensible in Fresno.

I found the nearest Starbucks and plugged in. I'm charging the camera battery and the iPod at present.

Yosemite was still awe-inspiring, with its upper levels covered in snow and mist. The drive out through the southern portion of the park was beautiful.

Here's a link to an album I've created for the Yosemite pictures:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcMnLVq3aN30g

After I finish up here, I'm off to Sequoia NP for a couple more nights before I go to LA. So far the camping experience has been great. Hopefully I can get my camp set up before 4pm, when the first Yankees/Red Sox game of the season begins. Curt Schilling against Andy Pettite, should be a great game. I'll be wearing my Sox hat in support.
Ok, onward. More soon.
Andy








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE YER IN NATURE GET OFF THE COMPUTER

Unknown said...

Great pics Andy!